Monday, September 9, 2013

Happy Birthday - Simon Says Wednesday Challenge

Hello everyone. It's been three days since I made a card. I felt I deserved to be really lazy this weekend and all I did was watch TV and movies with my boys. Here is a card I just finished for the Wednesday Challenge of Simon Says Stamp. 


The challenge is Animal Antics. Since Simon Says Stamp was featuring Lawn Fawn, I used my only Lawn Fawn stamp set I had that had an animal in it. This turtle is a cutie!


My oldest came to me and asked what I was doing and I said, "I'm thinking this card is almost done but I'm thinking I want to make the shells 3D." I showed him an example and he said, "That's tight, mom! You should do it!" and so I did.

I colored and cut out another turtle shell, added thick dimension adhesive in the middle and glue on the edges. It looks more 3D in person. 


Thank you for looking. I hope you have a wonderful day.



Materials Used:
Stamps: Lawn Fawn (Year Two)
Paper: Colorbok (Light Bright)
Ink: Memento (Tuxedo Black)
Copic Markers

2 comments:

  1. I love it!!! Those turtles are super cute and I can see the dimension in their shells...that's mad tight:)

    Watch Breaking Bad next...so good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is simply FABULOUS! The fun, bright colors are perfect, and your idea to give the turtle shells dimension is GENIUS! Thank you for playing along in our Animal Antics challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog. :)

    ReplyDelete