Friday, July 4, 2014

Celebrate

Hello Everyone,

I'm loving Mama Elephant's  new challenge found at Mama Elephant and Me!  Once I saw the inspiration I knew exactly what I wanted to do. First thing I saw were pompoms or is it really pompons?


I try to make at least ten cards because I have a lot of family and friends who like my cards.  I am totally into watercoloring right now and prepped my cards onto 7 mil laminated construction paper with basic painter's tape.


I also scribbled and dabbed some of Tim Holtz's distress inks on laminated watercolor paper scrap. 


I totally had an assembly line going on for sure. I love how the colors really went well together.


I used paper streamers and my quilling tool to make the pompons.


Cute, right?!  This stamp set, In My Heart, is inspired by Operation Write Home. 20 % of retail profits from the sale of this cute stamp set will be donated to Operation Write Home from 
June 15th to July 31st. 


I don't know which version I liked better. 


Hip Hip Hooray!


Thanks for stopping by. I hope you liked it. Tomorrow you'll be seeing more Mama Elephant characters, like the pandas cheering us on!

Materials Used:
Mama Elephant: In My Heart, Make a Wish
Tim Holtz Distress Ink
Adirondack Ink
Watercolor paper
Streamers

5 comments:

  1. Ahhhhhhh!!!!! The little cheerleaders are the cutest!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I literally laughed out loud when I saw those fabulous pompoms (or pompons? I don't know) they are sooooo sweet, you are a genius and your cards incredible, LOVE them! So glad to join us at Mama Elephant and Me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable! The pom poms are insanely cute! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is so cute!!! love the pom poms ideas!! Thank you so much for playing along at Mama Elephant and Me Challenge!

    ReplyDelete